Alpha-GPC: A Nootropic With Performance Boosting Abilities!
What Is Alpha-GPC?
Alpha-glycerophosphocholine (Alpha-GPC or α-GPC) is a cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties.
Also, it enhances power output in athletes.
It appears to also support cellular membranes and may aid in preventing cognitive decline.
Alpha-GPC provides choline for cell membranes and myelin production. So it nourishes the nervous system.
Choline from alpha-GPC also builds acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that maintains your cognitive and muscle functions.
We also call it choline alfoscerate.
In short, it’s a natural choline-containing compound that is made by the body and i can be found in a lot of foods.
It is extremely safe.
In some countries in Europe, it is a prescription drug to combat Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, dementia…
So What Is Choline?
Choline is an essential nutrient.
This means our body needs it for optimal function and health. Though your liver can make small amounts, you must obtain the majority through your diet.
Choline is an organic, water-soluble compound.
It is neither a vitamin nor a mineral.
Choline plays an important part in many processes in your body, including:
- Cell structure: It is needed to make fats that support the structural integrity of cell membranes.
- Cell messaging: It is involved in the production of compounds that act as cell messengers.
- Fat transport and metabolism: It is essential for making a substance required for removing cholesterol from your liver. Inadequate choline may result in fat and cholesterol buildup in your liver.
- DNA synthesis: Choline and other vitamins, such as B12 and folate, help with a process that’s important for DNA synthesis.
- A healthy nervous system: Our body requires this nutrient to make acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter. Our body uses it in memory, muscle movement, regulating heartbeat, and other basic functions.
In short, choline is an essential nutrient that our body needs for optimal health.
It may play a key role in healthy brain function, heart health, liver function, and pregnancy.
It is essential for good metabolism and to keep your body fat-burning machine.
Research shows most Western aren’t deficient but don’t meet the optimal dosages either.
People who exercise a lot are prone to get choline deficiency.
Why Alpha-GPC To Improve Choline Dosages?
Since people who exercise a lot need higher levels of choline, there are 2 ways of doing that: by diet or by supplementation.
Research shows that high levels of choline are difficult to reach by diet alone.
So, it’s always safer to take a supplement for this.
Besides, Alpha-GPC as a supplement appears to be pharmacologically active at higher doses.
In other words, our body uses it better from a supplement than from food.
Two of the most popular ingredients are citicoline and alpha-GPC.
Citicoline (cytidine diphosphocholine),or also known as CDP choline, is a compound that has neuroprotective properties. It is made up of choline and cytidine.
Alpha-GPC, like citicoline, may also aid neuroprotective activity.
It’s a compound composed of glycerophosphate and choline. Alpha-GPC is a natural compound that can also work well with other nootropics.
Alpha-GPC may also have a number of interesting performance benefits that citicoline doesn’t have.
Taking alpha-GPC leads to improved vitality and increased strength. It helps muscles recover faster after exercise.
It can also increase the production of growth hormone in the human body while at the same time acting as something of a weak stimulant.
So Why is Alpha-GPC Good For Me?
There are several good reasons to make alpha-GPC a part of your morning supplement routine:
- Enhanced focus: low choline levels lead to trouble concentrating.
- Improved memory: it gives your brain the building blocks for acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that plays a fundamental role in memory formation.
- Increased Growth Hormone: it gives peaks in GH secretion up to 290% short after taking it ( for 2 hours)
- Better athletic performance: it benefits power output and athletic performance and gives a better muscle recovery
- Fat burning capacities: along with Growth Hormone going up, fat burning also goes up upon taking it